MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 37.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

LOST season finale - you watchin' it?

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?

What are you watching the LOST finale for?

Just love the show, period.
67%
Want to know if Naomi is being honest about rescue.
No votes
Others on the beach, and boom goes the dynamite!
7%
Underwater DHARMA station? How trippy will THIS be??
13%
I don't watch LOST.
13%
I don't watch TV.
No votes
Sheppy.
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby boston_jeff » Fri May 25, 2007 10:38 am

Most frustrating/beguiling show on TV...the writers really reeled me back in this season, have to say it was a great finale. And it was good to see someone finally shoot someone. Too many James Bondesque situations where the good guys should cap an "Other" but they let them live for no apparent reason. Ben should be flayed by now, and the Russian, come on the dude has already resurrected once. I actually like Mr. Friendly, but it was nice to see Sawyer refrain from giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'd of shot Ben and Juliette long ago just to wipe the sanctimonious smirks off of their faces. I know she's one of them now, but thats just me...

Walt has hit a remarkable growth spurt over the short time they have been on the island...
boston_jeff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby chainsawcurtis » Fri May 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Uh..that's Future Walt coming back. :shock:

And what would make anyone who watches this show think that Mr. Friendly is actually dead.
chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri May 25, 2007 12:53 pm

chainsawcurtis wrote:And what would make anyone who watches this show think that Mr. Friendly is actually dead.

Well, an actual gunshot to the chest has yet to be survived on the Island. Now, a spear gun to the chest...that's obviously small beans in comparison. That being said, I'm sure Tom (Mr. Friendly, Zeke, whathaveyou) is done for. Sawyer promised him, quite ominously, "You and me ain't done, Zeke." I'd say Sawyer made good on that threat.

But Mikhail (aka Patchy) is another creature altogether. He's a bad penny (no pun intended). I suspect that, if the action of the show stays in some part on the Island, we'll see him again (and not just drifting back to shore).
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri May 25, 2007 1:06 pm

what a great fucking show.
compare the season finale to the one for heroes and scratch your head at the kind of press and ratings the two shows got this year.
depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bruno » Wed May 30, 2007 10:32 pm

Holy shit, Hurley's shitty "fixin' the car" episode FTW!!!
Bruno
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed May 30, 2007 11:07 pm

Bruno wrote:Holy shit, Hurley's shitty "fixin' the car" episode FTW!!!

EW.com's Doc Jensen used that episode to perfectly summarize the history and current state of the DHARMA Initiative on the Island. It really wasn't as bad an episode as some people think. I mean, DHARMA beer? The whole "Roger and Me" joke of having Sawyer sitting there next to a skeleton drinking 25 year old MGD? That's funny.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to TV