MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Let's Talk Pizza

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!

Let's Talk Pizza

Postby mock_talks » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:52 pm

I want to order pizza for dinner tonight and am torn as to where I should go. I'll be driving from downtown through the Willy/Atwood area; I thought about La Rocca just because I absolutely love their pizza, but I was thinking about trying something that I haven't had before...which leaves me with Harmony. I have been there for other food, but never the pizza. I've looked and I don't see one review on here for their pizza...which leads me to believe nobody actually eats it. Help me out.
mock_talks

Re: Let's Talk Pizza

Postby Marvell » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:22 pm

I eat their pizza. It's good.

Try one of the kinds with the olive oil crust.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mock_talks » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Well, I decided to go for the gusto and give the pizza from Harmony a try...I have to say it was really good. The crust was crispy, but not paper thin, sauce had some nice tomato chunks, and the toppings were plentiful. I can't say that it beats LaRocca, but definitely a stop that needs to make it on to the rotating Thursday night pizza place list. :D
mock_talks

Postby cattyrood » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:51 pm

For takeout, I personally love Paisan's, but our MO is doctored Tombstone. They have a tomato-basil sauce at W.S. coop that kicks ass, almost always our foundation. Bon Appetit!
cattyrood

Postby timby » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:10 pm

If we're doing pizza, we almost always go for a sausage, pepperoni and garlic pizza from the Roman Candle in Middleton. If we're in the neighborhood, we get the same thing from Cafe La Bellitalia.
timby

Postby Average Joe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:29 pm

My wife is crazy about pampered chef so we have one of those pizza stones, just about any frozen pizza comes out excellent on that thing. I especially like the Target brand pizzas baked up on the stone. Yummy with pesto and salsa. Delivery is always Glass Nickel.
Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Pizza Brutta--oregano, goat cheese, sausage.
Glass Nickle--fetalicious or supreme
Ian's is pretty good for by the slice--I like their pesto based pizza. The other main by the slice option in Madison is Rockys. If you do go to Rockys, make sure you go there during a busy time or the pizza is crap. Rocky's aint that good, but it sometimes hits the spot for me (convenient for slices and i used to love it as a kid)
I know foodies may disagree...but I love the Pizza Hut buffet (west side) every so often. It's cheap and you can request a pizza and they bring it out and there's a lot of turnover at buffet so it's fresh. Staff is always friendly.
Ashley
Forum Addict

Return to Cooking & Food issues