MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Friday, April 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Since when is this forum a dictatorship?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Postby harrissimo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:23 am

jjoyce wrote:I wonder what would happen if someone showed up at one of Harris's gigs and suggested, loudly, that Dave Stoler was a much better pianist than he was. Repeatedly.

First off, Dave Stoler is a much better pianist than I am. However, I am a much better entertainer than Dave.

If someone showed up at one of my gigs and suggested, loudly, that Dave Stoler was a much better pianist than I am repeatedly they probably would be removed by the security staff.

I have never said that madison.com was better than tdp. I have said that I like them both and they both have their good and bad points. While I have said negative things about you I have also said that you do a great job. I am simply suggesting that you could learn from madison.com's sitemod. Just like I have learned a lot from listening to Dave Stoler's piano playing and Tim Whalen and the many other great piano players in town. Many of whom are much better than I am.

If we can have a city with many great musicians why can't we have a city with many great web forums. Is your ego so big that you can't handle that Jason?
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:28 am

Harris is right, one forum is not better than the other, just different.

I've suggested to madison.com sitemod that he could learn some things from you Jason but was quickly shot down.

It's too bad, you've been doing this a lot longer; he could learn from mistakes that you've already made.

Goddamn snowing again.
bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby harrissimo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:40 am

One of the biggest problems with web forums is that it is difficult to recognize when someone is trying to be funny.

Many times I thought I was being funny and my remarks were taken the wrong way. And many times I reacted seriously to a remark that someone made in jest because I didn't understand that they were just kidding around.

It would help if posters could make clear when they are just poking fun in a friendly way.

If that is what you were doing TheBookPolice then I apologize for misunderstanding your intentions but if not then FUCK YOU! <just kidding>
harrissimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Well, it's not as funny when someone adds (PS, I was trying to be funny). That, or we all turn into 13 year old girls typing "j/k!" at the end of all our posts.

But yes, I was trying to be funny, Harris. Apology, and "fuck you", accepted.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Maxine » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:56 pm

Peace. It's a Holy Fuck Miracle.
Maxine
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Maxine wrote:Peace. It's a Holy Fuck Miracle.

God fuck us, every one.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Maxine » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:10 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
Maxine wrote:Peace. It's a Holy Fuck Miracle.

God fuck us, every one.

Everytime a troll gets cyber-blocked from TDPF an angel gets it's fucking wings.
Maxine
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & TheDailyPage.com