MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Saturday, April 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 35.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Madison Woo Woos

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Re: Madison Woo Woos

Postby mrak » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Kenneth Burns wrote:John Goodman is a not-praised-enough hero. I've been catching up on "Rosanne" reruns on WBUW-Ch. 57 and am quietly blown away by Goodman's work.

John Goodman = national treasure.

I wasn't enough of a fan of Roseanne the comedian to enjoy "Roseanne" the TV show, but very few actors are as consistent a source of delight to me, as Goodman is.

This NY Times profile last spring offered a look into his craft (and his battles with alcohol and self-doubt):
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/19/theater/19mcgr.html
mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kiwiwannabe » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks for sharing that link. I love the way Buscemi appears to be growing out of his shoulder in the earlier pick.

The casting of those three together was sheer genius.......
kiwiwannabe
Forum Addict

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:34 pm

How do you feel about the native smoking ban?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:39 pm

butters wrote:
Fat.The.Gangster wrote:
butters wrote:Sometimes people need to be reminded about proper conduct and they just aren't responsive to words.

And sometimes people are huge pussies who hide behind their brother . . . or get on a bike and ride away when the confrontation they started begins to escalate.

True.
Was that an attempt to dis me? You must be referring to someone else because you brought up someone starting an argument, hiding behind their brother, and riding away on a bike. Sounds like an interesting story, please elaborate.

Schwinn-Man!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Right on schedule - it's Junior High humor hour.

If you and Fat must circle jerk yourselves, Flanders, the decent thing would be to get a room of your own.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Fat.The.Gangster wrote:
Marvell wrote:Look who's talking, blather-hose.

What no "pithy literary reference" or soul poetry?

Unfortunately, I have to pull a Marvell and leave this confrontation I started--unlike some, I work. I am sure, however, that I will read many illuminating posts from you as to my naked projections, voice of cool, etc.

On the contrary.

Your vituperative gibberish speaks for itself.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Fat.The.Gangster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Marvell, who is sexually repressed, wrote: Then you can blow me. Or not - I imagine your oral sex technique is just as crappy as everything else you do, so it's not like I'd be missing out.

Marvell, who is projecting his sexual frustrations, wrote:If you and Fat must circle jerk yourselves, Flanders, the decent thing would be to get a room of your own.

Marvell, if I didn't know any better, I would think you have a crush on me. It's very sweet, of course, but I like my men to be able to stand up for themselves instead of, you know, riding away at the first hint of danger.
Fat.The.Gangster
Forum Addict

Postby Marvell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Fat.The.Gangster wrote:
Marvell, who is sexually repressed, wrote: Then you can blow me. Or not - I imagine your oral sex technique is just as crappy as everything else you do, so it's not like I'd be missing out.

Marvell, who is projecting his sexual frustrations, wrote:If you and Fat must circle jerk yourselves, Flanders, the decent thing would be to get a room of your own.

Marvell, if I didn't know any better, I would think you have a crush on me. It's very sweet, of course, but I like my men to be able to stand up for themselves instead of, you know, riding away at the first hint of danger.

Oh for christ's fucking sake.

Who's the one going around spamming unrelated threads with references to obscure months-old grievances?

If anyone's on a hate-fuck quest it would be you, you endlessly obvious emotional cripple.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - you put the 'Fat' in fatuous.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails