MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Sunday, April 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Liquor Baron

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Liquor Baron

Postby white_rabbit » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:25 pm

The liquor store formerly known as Warehouse Liquor on East Washington, which closed for a few months, has been re-opened as Liquor Baron. The new owners have spruced up the place and have a wonderful selection of micro-brew six packs as well as nice selection of wines. I've stopped in there a couple of times under the new management and they are very friendly. It's a stark contrast from the dying days of Warehouse Liquor when the store was sparsely stocked and snarkley staffed.

I picked up a six of Great Lakes Burning River and Sierra Celebration today and commented on the selection of micro-brews. The beer-loving gentleman working said they are working to expand the selection. Only about 1/4 of the beer space is dedicated to domestic industrials like Miller & Bud. Micro-Beer lovers, check it out.
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby joey » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:26 pm

i stopped in and checked it out...lots of good stuff...be sure to stop in and buy from them instead of the bigger stores. doing so will enable them to get more obscure things instead of the big stores to get more miller lite and corona.
joey

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails