MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, April 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 44.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Hawk Sullivan and (not so) silent partner

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Hawk Sullivan and (not so) silent partner

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 am

Bar owner and failed aldermanic candidate Hawk Sullivan is being investigated for having a partner who has been convicted of distributing GHB, the rape drug. Hawk denies that Michael L. Haight is a part owner of his various taverns, despite Haight's claims that he is.

Concealing such information from the city’s Alcohol License Review Committee would be “a pretty big concern,” (Assistant City Attorney Jennifer)Zilavy said.
But Sullivan said it was Haight’s ex-wife, Letitia Ley Johnson, who invested her own money in the bar and was his former business partner.

Haight’s only role was doing marketing for the bar, which he continues to do, said Sullivan...
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Hawk Sullivan and (not so) silent partner

Postby gargantua » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:02 pm

My reaction to the entire article was that Hawk will benefit from plausible deniability. Haight could very well be one of those guys who likes to overhype their role, and/or importance. His ex seems to be sticking to the "he's not a real partner" script, so I don't think anything is going to come of it beyond the current public embarrassment.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:06 pm

gargantua wrote:My reaction to the entire article was that Hawk will benefit from plausible deniability. Haight could very well be one of those guys who likes to overhype their role, and/or importance. His ex seems to be sticking to the "he's not a real partner" script, so I don't think anything is going to come of it beyond the current public embarrassment.

From the beginning of the story, this seemed clear to me... Haight has some serious narcissistic issues and assumed for himself a status he didn't really hold.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:17 am

I've always had the impression he assumed the ownership claim as a result of his marriage.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:50 am

juanton wrote:I've always had the impression he assumed the ownership claim as a result of his marriage.

Why not? Worked for RoJo.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews