What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Has Mayor Dave lost his mojo? City hall reporter Vikki Kratz recounts how the blow up over Cieslewicz picking the city's new economic director eerily recalls earlier miscues in his administration.
- David Medaris, meanwhile, checks in with author James Campbell who traveled to the jungles of New Guinea to retrace the heroic 130-mile trek of Wisconsin soldiers in World War II.
- Medaris also reports on how the upcoming Wisconsin Book Festival goes high-concept.
- Wisconsin Public Radio's Jean Feraca tells all in a new memoir.
- Lou and Peter Berryman celebrate 30 years of quirky folk, and violinist Joshua Bell gets shamelessly romantic with the Madison Symphony Orchestra.