What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- In this week's issue: In honor of the Fourth of July, Kenneth Burns parses the pursuit of happiness, one of three unalienable rights promised in our Declaration of Independence. (The other two? The Pinta and the Santa Maria.)
- Vikki Kratz lends a critical ear to The Mic, 92.1 FM in a post-Al Franken world.
- Kent Williams reviews A Mighty Heart and Evan Almighty. Evan can wait.
- In theater, APT's Misalliance and BST's Why We Come Here are worth the price, the drive and/or the uncomfortable seats.
- In music, Rich Albertoni sounds out former Madisonian Brittany Shane. Tom Laskin previews Oteil Burbridge & the Peacemakers' Thursday appearance at the Terrace, and attempts to explain Sundance Cinemas' puzzling service fee.