What can you find in this week's Isthmus? Highlights from the latest issue follow:
- Rick Berg and Ruth Conniff go presidential with their thoughts on the McCain-Palin and Obama-Biden candidacies.
- Natalia Thompson reports on high school students helping to elect Barack Obama.
- Bill Lueders chastises police for keeping quiet about violent attacks.
- Kenneth Burns assesses the life, times and music of Lou and Peter Berryman.
- Tom Laskin catches a wave with Madison surf rockers the Pistols at Dawn.
- Sandy Tabachnick previews the Madison Symphony Orchestra's season debut, featuring Rachmaninoff's fearsome third piano concerto.
- Susan Kepecs interviews New Orleans brass and funk master Trombone Shorty.
- Papa Bear's BBQ is just one of the spots that turning Cottage Grove Road into a destination on the east side.
- Food For Thought contest winner Claire Taylor shares her recipe for Beet and Kohlrabi Latkes with Horseradish Sour Cream.
- Andy Moore visits the idyllic Trempealeau Hotel and ponders the meaning of idyll.
- Meet Madison's Donald Becker, athletic supporter.
Vikki Kratz looks at whether WYOU can survive the next city budget.