The Isthmus Guest List is back with another round of free tickets to amazing concerts, shows and more fun events around Madison. This week's contests include tickets to: JJO Band Camp and the Madison Roots Festival at Willow Island; the Sugar Maple Traditional Music Festival at Lake Farm County Park; Sheryl Crow and James Blunt at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee; People in Planes, Tapes 'N Tapes and Secondhand Serenade at The Majestic; Dub Trio, and Infantry Rockers at the High Noon; Time Since Western, Full Vinyl Treatment, Underculture and The Afterdarks, Zebra, and the Real ID Act at The Frequency; Katrina Johansson, Blackwater Gin, Crave, and Apparatus at The Club Tavern; and more.
In this week's list:
- Katrina Johansson will shred her way into listeners hearts in a performance at The Club Tavern on Friday, July 25. Win tickets here!
- Dub Trio returns to town for the second time this year and will shake, rock, and rag with its mix of punk and reggae in a performance at the High Noon Saloon on Friday, July 25. Win tickets here!
- Time Since Western will be joined by Grammar, Takka Takka and Alina Simone for a show at The Frequency on Saturday, July 26. Win tickets here!
- Blackwater Gin plays a show at the The Club Tavern on Saturday, August 26. Win tickets here!
- The line-up at JJO Band Camp 2008 includes Shinedown, Theory of A Deadman, Red, Hurt, Deaf Pedestrians, Ra, Dope, Neurosonic, A New Revolution, Bobaflex, Black Stone Cherry and more. Don't miss this avalanche of rock at Willow Island on Sunday, July 27. Win tickets here!
- Crave is putting on a special midnight show at The Club Tavern on Thursday, July 31. Win tickets here!
- Full Vinyl Treatment will impress all fans of hard metal, punk, soul and psychedellic music in a show with Kingsley and the Cutouts at The Frequency on Friday, July 31. Win tickets here!
- A brand new never-before-opened authentic NASCAR collector's edition car hood from Pepsi will serve as a fantastic edition to any NASCAR or automobile collection. Enter to win here!
- The fifth annual Sugar Maple Traditional Music Festival will feature music from around the world, including Malian blues, western swing, gypsy jazz, and more. This Isthmus-sponsored show runs at Lake Farm County Park over the weekend of August 1-2. Win tickets here!
- Infantry Rockers will mix ragga, cumbia, dub and dance hall reggae sounds with energy and politics in a performance at the High Noon Saloon on Friday, August 1. Win tickets here!
- G. Love and Special Sauce and the John Butler Trio headline at the second annual Madison Roots Festival, which will also include performances by Tristan Prettyman, Alejandro Escovedo, Dar Williams, Shawn Mullins, Clyde Stubblefield, Natty Nation, Blue Beyond, Corey Hart and Atimevu in an all-day show at Willow Island on Saturday, August 2. Win tickets here!
- Sheryl Crow and James Blunt will play a big show in Milwaukee at the Bradley Center on Friday, August 8. Win tickets here!
- People in Planes fly all the way from Wales to perform at the Majestic on Saturday, August 9. Win tickets here!
- Underculture and The Afterdarks swing into town for a show at The Frequency on Saturday, August 9. Win tickets here!
- In the action-comedy Tropic Thunder, Ben Stiller plays pampered action superstar Tugg Speedman, who is cast in the biggest, most expensive war movie ever produced. There will be a sneak preview of the movie at the Marcus Point Ultra-Screen on Tuesday, August 12. Win tickets here!
- You definitely won't find this kind of fun at the zoo when Zebras are joined by Mostly Bears and Being Human for a show at The Frequency on Thursday, August 14. Win tickets here!
- Tapes 'N Tapes returns to town, stepping up and across the street from a previous stop at the old King Club to a concert at The Majestic Theatre on Friday, August 15. Win tickets here!
- Secondhand Serenade, an American acoustic rock solo project fronted by vocalist and guitarist John Vesely, will be found on stage in a show at The Majestic Theatre on Tuesday, August 19.
- Apparatus and The Nod team up to stir up the crowd at the Club Tavern on Friday, August 22. Win tickets here!
- Bring your dancing shoes to boogie all night long with the Real ID Act, El Valiente, Czarbles, and Pat Boone's Farm at The Frequency on Friday, August 22. Win tickets here!
You voted for your favorite eats, drinks, shopping, and more from around the region -- now learn the results before everyone else at Madison's Favorite Block Party! The 2008 Madison's Favorites winners will be announced at a special gathering running from 7 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, August 16 along the 100 block of East Main Street. Enjoy music from Reptile Palace Orchestra and Houses in Motion, and eat and drink all night at Main Street nightspots including The Local Tavern, Maduro, The Casbah, and The Argus. Don't miss this year's edition of Madison's Favorites Block Party!
Remember to visit Isthmus promotions for updates on local events and shows!